The Partners in Policymaking® online courses are contained in a Learning Management System (LMS), so you will need to login to access the courses. The LMS tracks your progress through a course, letting you complete the course in multiple sessions.
To access the courses, you first need to register ONE TIME, and create a User Name. Begin the process on the Registration page at https://partnersonlinecourses.com/register/.
How Do I Create a User Name?
- Use a combination of letters and numbers for your User Name. User names are case sensitive, and you can use upper and lower case letters.
- Keep your User Name short and memorable. User names are unique.
- Use an email address that you have access to and that is not used by anyone else taking the courses. An email address can only be used for one User Name.
- Complete all required fields on the registration form and submit.
- An email will be sent to verify your registration. Save your registration email to remind you what your user name is.
NOTE: User Names cannot be changed once the account is set up. If you make a mistake and create a User Name you do not wish to use, please use the Contact Support Form (found in the menu under Help) to contact the administrator to delete your account and make your email address available again.
How Do I Get My Password?
- An ASSIGNED PASSWORD will be included in the verification email you receive. A link to the Partners Online Courses home page is also included in the email.
- Use your User Name and the assigned password to log into the courses for the first time.
- If you do not receive an email within one hour, check your junk mail folder. If you still have not received an email, use the contact support form to request a password reset.
How Do I Change My Password?
- You may continue to use the assigned password, OR once LOGGED IN go to the “Change Password” link on https://partnersonlinecourses.com/profile/ to change your password to one you prefer.
- You can change your Password and other user information, OTHER THAN YOUR USER NAME, at any time on the Profile page. You MUST be logged in to make changes.
What If I Forget My Password?
- In the login box on the home page, go to the link that says “Forgot?” This will take you to the User Profile page.
- On this page, enter your User Name and the email address you used to register. You will be sent an email message with a link to create a new password.
What If I Forget My User Name?
Use the Contact Support Form (found in the menu under Help) to contact the administrator, who can locate your user name using your email address..
What If I’m Not Able to Log In?
IMPORTANT: User names and passwords are CASE-SENSITIVE. Before contacting Support, make sure that you’re entering your User Name and password with the right combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and characters. We recommend copying and pasting from your account information email.
Also, make sure you’re LOGGING IN and not REGISTERING AGAIN.
Use the Contact Support Form (found in the menu under Help) to contact the administrator if you’ve verified that you’re entering your login correctly and still require assistance.
Do I Need to Log Out?
- Once logged into the courses, you will stay logged in during your session. Your browser may keep you logged in between sessions, depending on your system and settings, but be sure to keep your user name and password handy to log back in.
- If you log out, you will need to log in again.
- You will ONLY need to log out to register another user, to log in another user on the same browser, or if multiple users access your computer or device, and you don’t want other users to change your course progress.
How Do I Delete My User Account?
- It should usually not be necessary to delete your User Account. Keeping your account active will give you continued access to the online courses.
- If you delete your User Account, any and all progress made in any of the courses will be cleared. You will need to start the review process from the beginning of Module 1 and work your way through each Unit in each Module again.
- If you do wish to delete your account, use the Contact Support Form (found in the menu under Help) to contact the administrator.
Can I Take Any Course?
You only need to register once. Once logged in, you may access any of the courses from the Partners Online Courses home page. A separate login is not required for each course.
How Do I Navigate the Courses?
- Go to the course name in the menu, and select the “Take the Course” link on the course home page, or click the “Take the Course” image.
- You will taken to the first Unit (or page) of Module 1.
- When you have completed a Unit, click “Mark as Completed” and then “Next Unit.” You may not move to the next Unit until marking the current unit as completed.
- The second Unit in Module 1 in each course provides detailed information on navigating the course.
- Your progress for the course is displayed in the right sidebar. Each completed Unit will be highlighted.
- The next course unit appears in bold.
- Units that have not been completed will appear in normal text and cannot be clicked.
- You can review more than one course at a time. Your progress through each course will be tracked separately so you can easily return to where you left off.
How Do I Print a Page?
- There is a “Print This Page” icon that the bottom of each page or course unit. Select this icon to display a printer-friendly version of the unit and open the print dialog box.
What If I Need More Help?
- There is a Contact Form for each course, accessible by link on the home page of each course, for questions regarding CONTENT. Please use this form if you have CONTENT-related questions about a SPECIFIC COURSE, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use the Contact Support Form to contact the administrator about technical issues. We are happy to answer any question.