Welcome to Partners in Living, a self-study course created to help people with developmental disabilities, their family and friends explore four important elements that, together, can help them create a meaningful life: Self-Determination, Family Support, Community Living and Assistive Technology.
Every person has the right to a full, meaningful life. The definition of a “meaningful life” isn’t the same for every person. What is meaningful to you may not be as important to your brother, roommate, co-worker, or neighbor.
In this course, you will decide what is meaningful to you and learn about:
- Self-Determination and the importance of personal choice and life-planning.
- Self-directed services and financial control, including examining funding sources.
- Family Support and how it has changed over the years.
- The financial, physical and emotional resources that can help your family stay together.
- Community Living and some of the many options available to help people with developmental disabilities live independently in the community.
- Assistive Technology and how it is changing the way people with developmental disabilities live, work and play.
Ready to begin? TAKE THE COURSE and
you’re on your way to creating a meaningful life.