Welcome to Partners in Making Your Case, a self-study course designed to help people advocate for positive changes in public policies that impact people with developmental disabilities and their families.
Partners in Making Your Case teaches the critical skills you need to be an effective advocate. After completing this course, you will:
- Understand how public policy is made, who makes it and how to identify policymakers who are in a position to help.
- Understand the advocacy process.
- Learn how to tell your story in writing and in person.
- Learn how to conduct meetings with policymakers, give effective testimony and answer questions.
- Learn about some ways to organize with others.