What You Need to Know About Using This Course
- How to Navigate the Course
- Estimated Time to Complete This Course
- Tips for Success
- What You’ll Learn in the Course
- Overview of Eight Modules
- Lessons, Assignments and Exercises
- Course Exams
- Learning from Others
- Extra Help Along the Way
- Certificate of Completion
- Giving Credit Where Credit is Due
What You’ll Learn in the Course
Through this course, we will demystify the educational process so that you are able to make the most of the special education services available to your family. You will learn:
- About the educational system in general and how it differs for children with developmental disabilities.
- How you, as a parent, can ensure that your child reaps the lifelong benefits of an education that celebrates your child’s unique gifts and talents and accommodates his or her special challenges.
- How you can prepare for some of the common obstacles that could potentially derail your efforts.
- How other parents have successfully navigated the special education system.
- Throughout the course, Pat and Michael will describe their personal experiences with special education. You’ll also learn practical tips from parents who’ve been there!